His Excellency Paulo de Camargo
Federative Republic of Brazil
HE Paulo César de Camargo presented his credentials to the NZ Governor-General on 24th November. Ambassador Camargo has a strong background in trade development, having extensive experience working in varied roles under the Trade Division of the Brazilian Ministry of External Affairs.
NAME: DE CAMARGO, Paulo César
MARITAL STATUS: Married
Bachelor in Law and Social Sciences, Catholic University of Campinas, São Paulo, 1978.
Preparatory Course for the Diplomatic Career (CPCD), Rio Branco Institute (IRBr), 1978.
Course of Professional Training for Diplomats (CAD), Rio Branco Institute (IRBr), 1982.
Course of High Studies, thesis on “Perspectives of e-commerce and Itamaraty practices”, Rio Branco Institute (IRBr), 2000.
STATEMENT OF SERVICE:
- Third Secretary, November 19, 1979.
- Second Secretary, December 17, 1981.
- First Secretary, June 30, 1987.
- Counsellor, June 23, 1995.
- Minister, Second Class, December 30, 2002.
- Minister, First Class, June 29, 2010.
PERMANENT MISSIONS ABROAD:
Embassy of Brazil in Washington, Second and First Secretary, 1985-1987 / 1987-1988.
Permanent Mission of Brazil to ALADI, Montevideo, First Secretary, 1988-1991.
Consulate-General of Brazil in New York, Deputy Consul-General, 1996-1997.
Financial Office of Brazil in New York, Counsellor, 1997-1999.
Embassy of Brazil in Ottawa, Counsellor, 1999-2002.
Consulate-General of Brazil in Chicago, Consul-General, 2011-2016.
Embassy of Brazil in Wellington, Ambassador, 2016.
SERVICE IN BRAZIL:
Division of Trade Promotion Programs, Assistant, 1979-1985.
Personnel Division, acting Head of Division, 1991-1993.
Division of Trade Promotion Programs, acting Head of Division and Head of Division, 1993-1996.
Division of Administrative Coordination of Missions Abroad, Head of Division, 2002-2004.
Department of Administration, acting Director and Director, 2004-2011.
MISSIONS IN BRAZIL AND ABROAD:
- Pacific Trade Fair, Lima (Peru), Director of the Brazilian Pavilion, 1981.
- Coordinating Groups of Entrepreneur Meetings, during Brazilian President visits to Washington DC (USA) and Ottawa (Canada), 1982; to Cancun (Mexico), 1983; to Tokyo (Japan) and Peking (China), 1984.
- TELECOM Fair, Geneva, (Director of the Brazilian Pavillion), 1983.
- Meeting of Government Experts on Maritime Transportation, ALADI – Montevideo, Uruguay (Head of Brazilian Delegation), 1989.
- Presidential Inauguration Working Group, 1990.
- IV Meeting of the Intergovernmental Commitee of the Paraguay-Parana Waterway, Colonia (Uruguay), 1991.
- Meeting of Officials Responsible for Trade Promotion Organization, ALADI, Montevideo (Representative), 1993.
- Third Session of the Ad Hoc Work Group on Trade Efficiency, UNCTAD, Geneva (Delegate), 1994.
- First Session of the United Nations Preparatory Committee on Trade Efficiency, UNCTAD, Geneva (Delegate), 1994
- Intergovernmental Meeting of Experts and Trade Points Directors, UNCTAD, Geneva (Delegate), 1994.
- United Nations Symposium on Trade Efficiency, UNCTAD, Columbus, Ohio (Delegate), 1994.
- Meeting of Representatives from Investment Promotion Agencies, UNCTAD, Geneva (Delegate), 1995.